Jay Rosen’s class has come up with a list of the blogging efforts at the top 100 newspapers in the US. By referring to the two newspapers that you were selected to review, take a brief look at the state of blogging by answering the following questions:
1. What types of topical blogs does the newspaper run/host, i.e., sports, food, etc…
2. What is the gender breakdown of blogging at that specific newspaper, i.e., how many men to women, and what each gender is responsible for..
3. To what extent does the newspaper link outward to other blogs and MSM publications in their blog(s)?
4. Does the blog(s) permit reader comments?
5. Assess the style of writing, i.e., personal, objective, through a quick perusal of the blog(s).